Monday, September 6, 2010

Kahlua Cake

This is a recipe we learned from Jing-Kuan's sister from Bay Area. It is super easy so it is my type of dessert. Because of the pudding mix, it is softer and tastes like a sponge cake (海綿蛋糕)

I used a 10 inch round cake pan with a hole in the middle. But I failed to dump it out without breaking it apart. So, this picture is taken from "the other side".

Ingredients

1. 1 package of yellow cake mix
2. 1 package of chocolate pudding mix (5oz)
3. 1/2 cup butter or oil
3. 3/4 cup of water
4. 3 eggs
5. 1/4 cup Kahlua
6. 1/4 cup Vodka

Steps

1. Preheat over to 350 degree
2. Melt butter and mix all the ingredients well (you can use a electronic mixer)
3. Grease a 10 inch round baking tray, sprinkle some flour. Pour the batter into the
pan
4. Bake for 35 minutes. Note if I use a baking pan without a hole, it will take much longer to cook, probably over one hour. You have to use a toothpick to test it. If it does not stick to the toothpick, it is done. If I use the one with a hole, the cake will raise up over the rim of the tray. So it wont be flat when you flip it over. So, sometimes, I will only pour 3/4 of the batter into the tray, and make a smaller one using the remaining batter.
5. Cool it for 10-15 minutes, flip it over, then sprinkle some powder sugar for decoration. (I tried to flip it this time, but the buttom stuck to the pan and it looked ugly, so the picture is the upside when it was baked.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it is a yummy cake.
    Love the beautiful look of it.
    Is powdered sugar your or Christina's idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Yummy. Looks great too. Special hale to the Kahlua. Make it taste wonderfully well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't visited this site for a few days and didn't realize that you gals have been so busy cooking :) How come I don't get any notification? Can you share it on your facebook after you post it, so that I get notified?

    ReplyDelete